RICS Homebuyer Report

West Midlands Surveys Ltd are able to provide a comprehensive Survey and Valuation service for all types of residential property. We can provide the following reports carried out by experienced Chartered Surveyors.

West Midlands Building Survey with Valuation

This survey is for older properties and those of a non-standard construction (e.g. timber). It usually takes a day to complete, depending on the size of the property. A building survey gives a detailed report on the condition of the property and highlights issues that should be investigated further before going ahead with the purchase.

RICS Building Survey

This Level 3 RICS Building Survey Inspection is a thorough property inspection helping you make a reasoned and informed decision when purchasing the property, or when planning for repairs, maintenance or upgrading the property.

Market Valuation Report

A valuation report is not a survey. This type of report will provide you with an assessment of the property's current Market Value given its present condition.

Which survey do I require?

Other services we offer

The energy performance certificate (EPC) will provide you with information on the property's energy efficiency. Anything rated A to C is above the UK average. A seller must have commissioned this certificate when they put the property on the market so the estate agent should be able to provide you with this.

Learn More

A mortgage valuation will deal primarily with the value of the property in its present condition. The mortgage valuation report may only refer to matters that will affect the lenders ability to grant the mortgage. It will not report in detail, on disrepair items unless they are so severe that they may affect value or saleability.

We can provide a building insurance valuation report under BCIS (Building Cost Information Service) guidance to make sure you are not paying too much for your insurance cover (over-insurance) or paying too little (under-insured) meaning your claim may not be paid in full in the event of a loss.

In these days of high divorce and separation rates, it is usually necessary for matrimonial houses or shared property to be valued to decide upon how the assets will be shared. Valuations are also carried out for the benefit of single, joint or as required by Court Order.

An expert witness, professional witness or judicial expert is a witness, who by virtue of education, training, skill, or experience, is believed to have specialised knowledge in a particular subject beyond that of the average person. A surveyor may be employed as an 'expert witness' to offer their 'expert opinion' on an evidence or fact issue in court, drawing from his own knowledge, training and experience.

We can provide Specific Defects Reports if you have a property problem, e.g. severe dampness, dry rot, wet rot, woodworm, condensation, subsidence, cracking and/or movement etc.

Energy performance certificates (EPCs) are legally required for business and commercial buildings when the properties are newly built, sold or leased. Buildings that need a commercial EPC are described as having a roof and walls and using energy to condition the indoor climate (i.e. has heating, air conditioning or mechanical ventilation).

UK Regions covered include:

Birmingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Aldridge, Walsall, Tamworth, Coventry, Stourbridge, Halesowen, Dudley, Redditch, Sandwell, Browmhills, Burntwood, Cannock, Lichfield, Rugeley, Armitage, Curdworth, Kingsbury, Burton-on-Trent, Wenesbury and Willenhall.

In everything we do, we aim for quality in our advice and customer care.

Back to top